A Pass in practical and theory Grade 4 Examinations in any of the following UK Music Examinations Boards:
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM)
- Guildhall school of Music and Drama (GSMD)
- London College of Music (LCM)
- Trinity College London (TCL)
- The Australian Music Examinations Board (AMEB)
Subject content & Assessment
The syllabus is organised into 2 categories Music Studies and Music Making.
Music Studies is organized by AREAS of STUDY
- Covers a range of musical styles and traditions
- Guide aural exploration through listening and analysis
- Written examination : 2 hrs
- Weighting is 50%
- Marks: 100
Music Making involves Performing and Music Writing.
All candidates are required to take one of the following combinations:
- Music Studies, Performing MAJOR and Music writing MIINOR
- Music Studies, Performing MINOR and Music writing MAJOR
Music Writing MAJOR
Music Writing MINOR
Students who opt to do Music have already prior knowledge in the subject, so this would be an added advantage as they would be able to grasp the concepts of the subject better and do well for the paper.
6085 MUSIC GCE ORDINARY LEVEL (2015)
6085 MUSIC GCE ORDINARY LEVEL (2016)