Home > Holistic Education > Mobile Robotics
Mobile Robotics is a MOE-ITE Applied Science Subject that aims to provide students with the experience of developing their own mobile robots and equip them with basic knowledge and skills in electrical, electronics, mechanical design and intelligent control.
It is currently only offered to the Normal (Technical) students.
TEACHING & TECHNICAL STAFF
Mr Siva Sankar Sinnasamy
Mr Nicholas Heng
Mr Rosli Cheembi
- To engage students in a learning mode that best suits their learning styles and needs.
- To provide students early exposure to possible post-secondary courses of study and future work opportunities.
WHY MOE-ITE AS
- Learning that is connected to real-life applications, mostly concrete and hands-on.
- Taught and assessed in a mode students can excel in.
- Aligned to ITE courses and industry needs.
CERTIFICATION & ITE ADMISSION
- Jointly certified by MOE and ITE.
- Considered as equivalent to an N-level subject for admission to ITE Nitec courses.
- Mobile Robotics can be used in lieu of N(T) Science/ Maths for admission into selected Nitec courses that require a pre-requisite pass in these subjects.
Content & assessment
The content will cover topics in electricity, electronics and robotics. There will be practical assessment in both Secondary 3 and 4. A theory examination will be conducted at the end of Secondary 5.