Christian Ministries & Prayer Groups
Family@Barker works in unity with the school and Barker Road Methodist Church to provide pastoral care for the boys. We have various prayer groups among parents, give morning devotions at the school assembly, disciple boys who are keen to have a deeper understanding of the Christian faith and occasionally do home visitations to families.
ACS (BR) FATHERS’ PRAYER GROUP
The Fathers’ Prayer Group (FPG) is committed to challenge and equip ACS (BR) fathers to pray more diligently and effectively for our Boys, Teachers and Parents.
“We are male by birth but men by choice” Ed Cole
In this generation, more than even before, the Lord is seeking out for more Christian men to take on their God-given role in leading their families. The “Absent Father” syndrome has resulted, by default, in either the mother, or the children or even the maid in taking on the role of “leadership” at home. As a result, it created tension within the family, which ever so often is manifested in the behaviour of our children at schools. If there is no redress, then it would permeate into our community and society at large; thus taking its toll in future generations. However, if Christian men are providing leadership at home, not only their households will be blessed, the community and nation will be blessed too.
The Fathers’ Prayer Group ( FPG) seeks to provide a platform for Fathers to pray together. In the place of unity and agreement, there is power and anointing from where ACS commands the Lord’s blessing.
THE ACS (BARKER ROAD) PRAYER GROUP
WHO ARE WE?
- Parents of our boys studying in ACS (Barker Road)
WHEN AND WHERE DO WE GATHER?
- Every 2 nd Friday of the month at 7.30 am to 8.30 am, at the level 2, Room C21, the Sunday School Teacher’s room at Barker Road Methodist Church.
WHO DO WE MEET?
- The Holy Trinity, God our Father, Jesus Christ our Saviour and the Holy Spirit, our guide.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- In praise, we glorify God, in prayers and supplication, we seek the will of God.
WHY SHOULD WE MEET?
- ‘For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, again spiritual wickedness in high places’. Ephesians 6:12
WHAT DO WE KNOW?
- ‘The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much’ James 5:16
WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE?
- ‘ To stand in the gaps ‘ Ezekiel 22:30
WHAT ELSE DO WE DO?
- Every last Friday of the month at 8.00 am to 9.30 am, we will meet up with all the other prayer parents of all the six ACS schools for the combined parent prayer meeting. Venue will be at the Hosting ACS School.
- We also meet weekly on Wed. mornings 11.30 am to 1 pm for prayer, at the church vestry.
- ‘We must also consider how to encourage each other to show love and to do good things. We should not stop gathering together with other believers, as some of you are doing. Instead, we must continue to encourage each other even more as we see the day of the Lord coming.’ Heb. 10:24&25.
Kwa Siang Siang 96722856
Sheryl Sia 96854069
Cathy DeWinne 91115710 (for Wed meetings)